Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Love Bread!

Over the past few years I have found myself disliking store bought sandwich bread more and more. I have gotten to the point were I will just do without sandwich bread unless I make it myself. Today, however, I purchased bread from the grocery store. It was on the expensive side ($4ish) but it looked soft and the ingredient list was almost exclusively made up of ingredients that you find in homemade bread. To top it off the bread was produced by a small local company (within the state) and included a Bible verse (Deut 8:3) on the label. I always have great respect for companies that give God the credit for their success. When I got home I threw a piece of bread in the toaster so I could try the bread as I made dinner. I only put butter on the bread before taking a bite. Then I took another bite, and another, and another, and before I knew what happened I had snarfed the bread down. It was SO GOOD! It tasted just like homemade bread. yummy! I know I will not buy this bread often due to the price but on the occasional weeks where I need sandwich bread and can't make it myself I will definitely be reaching for a loaf of Golden Ground made by the Daily Bread Bakery. Oh by the way, did I mention they grind the wheat right before mixing the bread dough? Yummy!!

P.S. I'm working on my very first tutorial and I hope to have it posted for you by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment