Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Weekends are Wonderful

Weekends always seem to fly by. Summer weekends are especially enjoyable. They seem to be lazy and yet they seem to be chock full of activities. This Saturday and Sunday were lovely summer weekend specimins. To begin with, it didn't rain!! This is a huge plus because we have been recieving massive amounts of rain here in the midwest (so much rain in fact, we had water in our apt and ended up ripping out the carpet).

Saturday evening Scott and I were able to hang out with our good friends J & S (or as Scott likes to call them, "Jorbrina" lol). We spent the evening playing egyptian rat trap (my reflexs are not up to par for that game!), playing a hilarious game of apples to apples, and watched the movie Frequency. Goodness that movie had me on the edge of my seat. Silly messing with the past, screws things up everytime.

Sunday was filled with fellowship at church and burgers & friends all afternoon (we ate the burgers but not the friends). There isn't much better than warm weather, grilled burgers, & friends hanging out in the yard. What a blessing friends are!

Over the weekend I finally got around to making granola (I've been meaning to make granola for a few weeks now). I made a few changes in order to use what I had in the cupboards, so I left out the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, added wheat germ, and replaced the raisins with craisins because I don't really like raisins. Plus Craisins make the granola look prettier :-)



This weekend has left me feeling blessed & refreshed. Especially after such a very long week. I hope this weeks speeds by. I am looking forward to Scott & I's 1 year wedding anniversary next weekend. I can't believe it has already been a year! Time flies. I hope your weekend was as relaxing and refreshing as mine was. What was your favorite thing about the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment