Monday, August 30, 2010

In Michigan

After a flurry of packing, socializing, and crying (at least on my part) we have made it to Michigan. We do not have internet at our apartment yet so any internet access I have is from the spotty unsecured internet I can sometimes grab at our apartment or from a coffee shop. As soon as we get internet I will post lots of pictures from the journey of moving.

Scott started his new job today and I can't wait to find out how it went :-)

We started exploring the area over the weekend and I continued exploring today as I searched for a coffee shop with internet. I was SO excited to see an Aldi grocery store here. A familiar store. yesssssssssssssss :-) It is funny how stores can make a person feel more at home. Right now I almost feel more comfortable in a familiar store because I feel like I know what is going on and perhaps I can trick myself for a second into thinking I'm still in IA.

I have so many thoughts and so many things I would like to share will you all about this move but I really need to leave this coffee shop and head home. I want to finish getting the kitchen in order before Scott gets home from work.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe move! I hope Scott enjoys his job. I know what you mean with familiar stores, sadly almost the only one here that's very familiar is Walmart and the Dollar Tree. You're lucky to have an Aldis! That's one of my favorite grocery stores.

    I hope you get involved with a good church soon, that's what made the move much easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we find a good church soon too. Sunday doesn't come around enought :-) Why is there only 4 Sundays every month? lol

    ReplyDelete