Saturday, August 14, 2010

Moving

Well, it is official, we are moving to Michigan.
I have such mixed emotions about this move. I am super excited that Scott got this job we have been looking at since April. It is a wonderful opportunity and I think Scott is really going to like his work much more than what he does now. Michigan is a pretty state and still in the midwest so there shouldn't be too much 'culture shock' but I am still very sad about leaving all of our friends and family. Neither of us has been in a different state from our families for more than a few months and leaving that security blanket is scary. Leaving an area where I know where everything is and all the backroads and little hidden shops for a brand new town is an exciting adventure but also a bit of a bummer because I don't know where ANYTHING is at. Not even Walmart. I have been especially sad about leaving our good friends J&S. Over the past year or so Scott and I have really gotten to know them and we are really going to miss their friendship and encouragement in life. The past month of living in the same small town with them has been a blast. It finally felt like we had a permanent home with neighbors. We weren't just transient college students anymore. It was so much fun while it lasted. I think this may be one of the things I am the saddest to leave. In fact I"m crying again as I write this.

*deep breath* ok, I've got a grip again. Goodness those last few sentences sounds as if I'm dying. ha. It isn't like our friendship will end with the move, but I will really miss being able to hang out whenever we felt like it. I'm not really sure this post makes the most sense. I'm just putting my thoughts out there. Trying to sort through my various emotions. Trying to stop crying at the most random times. I really am excited about the move, I just seem to be crying alot these past 2 days. I know that even when I may seem to be 'alone' I'm really not alone, not at all. In the human realm I have Scott. Where ever he is, is where my home is and it doesn't really matter where I'm geographically located. Even more importantly, I know that God is always with me.

This move has been showing me how I need to make God my best friend. I like to say He is my best friend but when I really look at my actions and where I gather my joy I realize that I tend to put my human relationships before my relationship with God. That is not a good thing. This move will be very good in helping me to put my relationships in the proper order, God first, Husband second, everyone else third.

This move will be good. I'm excited for it and I think once we leave in 2 weeks my excitement will out weigh my sadness( I hope!). Please pray for comfort and please pray that we find a good church in Michigan!
Ok, I will stop this rambling post. I should start figuring out our moving plan of attack...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janelle! I'm crying, too...silly me. God is going to do some amazing things in your lives, and Michigan is probably only one step along the beautiful path he is shaping for your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard! I know you'll find it's worth it. God has provided for us in amazing ways, and I know he'll do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete