Thanksgiving is only a week away and I'm super excited for it! So without any further comments I give you the Thanksgiving themed Fill-in-the-blank Friday:
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and visiting friends while back in Iowa
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was really any of the Thanksgiving while I was in elementary school. I loved how extended family was still able to gather and all of us cousins would play together for hours and hours on end only stopping to eat the Thanksgiving meal at the 'kids table.' And stopping play for a meal isn't quite accurate. We still managed a game of Uno between bites :-)
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is well I haven't brought anything to Thanksgiving dinner yet due to being out of state from family :( but when I do get the opportunity to bring a dish I plan on bringing the famous butter horn roles that my great-great-aunt Edith would always bring. So amazingly tasty and so many good memories attached to those rolls.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is green bean casserol and mashed potatoes! Who cares about the turkey, I could fill up on those two items alone. Maybe throw in a little canned cranberry sauce (without the nasty chunks of cranberry) for good measure.
5. Thanksgiving free association! family, food, fellowship, (apparently I like alliteration), thanksfulness, remembering God's blessings, kernals of corn, pilgrims, history, washing dishes, laughter, warmth, togetherness
6. I am thankful for a forgiving God, a loving husband, wonderful family,a growing little baby in my belly, good friends (even if they are far away), jobs, safety, freedom, clean water, crisp air, ability to read, good education, plenty of groceries, good smelling candles, a comfy bed, knitting, and more :-)
Have a great weekend everyone!