Friday, February 22, 2013

Some Days

Some days (ok, a lot of days) I get frustrated because I never seem to get anything accomplished. I try to exercise in the morning but then it doesn't happen because one child won't take their nap or the other wants to eat constantly or I get caught up in the dishes. Before I know it 2pm has arrived and I'm still in my pajamas because I hadn't exercised and didn't want to get ready for the day before exercising when I was just going to get sweaty and need to re-bathe.  I will try to do dishes or a load of laundry or make supper or some bread and when my back is turned the living room quickly becomes this:
Some days it feels like one step forward two steps backwards.  Some days it feels like all I do is discipline my toddler.  I hate that the most.  When I was a child I thought that it didn't bother my parents when they punished me for disobedience.  I never thought they enjoyed it of course, but I didn't realized how painful and saddening it is to have to punish your kids for disobedience.  Some days can really feel defeating.
 
    Then I catch a glimpse of an impish face,
 
or I see a smile stretch across the most beautiful cheeks as I change another diaper,

or I see a project that has taken me months to complete actually finished and being enjoyed,
 
or I see obedience from my son.


Then I remember what blessings I have.  Children are truly a gift from the Lord as Psalms 127:3-5 says and I am truly living the dream.

1 comment:

  1. Things haven't changed much since I was a young mother and that was 50+ years ago. You are so blest to be home with those youngsters but it is frustrating some days.

    ReplyDelete